Do you really need a Monday? A new month? A New Year? Most people choose any of these moments to start a diet or get fit or make commitments to their health. Achieving a healthy lifestyle needs your commitment, but you only need to say that you’re committed to it – you don’t need a specific day.
The time is now, right now in fact, to take control of your health and to finally let go of the things that harm your body and your mind. You deserve to be comfortable in your life, and the best way for that to happen is to decide right now that it’s time to fix your relationship with your body.
Self-destruction comes in many forms. We eat ourselves into guilt and fester a terrible relationship with food. Or, we smoke ourselves to lung cancer under the guise of stress, appetite suppression, and more. We drink ourselves into addiction to alcohol because we’re “just having fun”. The thing is, all of these things point to needing a crutch to get through life, and you really don’t need one. You just need a healthier way of living.
You need to embrace healthier goals that support you, not destroy you. This includes eating well, exercising regularly, and embracing sober living. It includes knowing that you are worthy of a healthier, happier existence, and embracing that existence as much as possible. It may not always be easy, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t have the capacity for being strong!
With this in mind, we’ve got all the tips that you need to start living a healthier lifestyle – now.
- Sleep. The hardest thing to do is to sleep when life is stressful. Even when you’re not overly stressed, you’re going to find it hard to sleep if you choose to stay up until very late on your phone. It’s something we all do; finding time for ourselves around family and work often does not happen until the wee hours of the morning, which then leaves us exhausted. One of the best ways to ensure that you are living a healthy life is to get enough sleep every night.
- Get moving. Exercise is not easy to do when you’re tired, but the more you move the more energy you have. You don’t have to join a gym, you just have to move more. Go for a walk in the morning and the evening and make sure that you get some fresh air while you do it. You deserve to have an enhanced mood, a better energy level, and good quality of sleep.
- Hydrate. No matter what, your body needs more than coffee and sodas. You need water! Starting the day with water and ensuring that you drink at least eight glasses per day will help you to up your vitality and energy levels.
- Eat well. So many diets out there will tell you what to cut out, what to eliminate and how to “detox”. It’ll help you to know that you cannot “detox” with juice and anyone who says you can is incorrect! You have a liver and working kidneys, which means that you are already detoxing. Help this process along by eating whole foods and ensuring that you consume enough protein.
- Let go of bad habits. You deserve a body that is as healthy as possible for as long as possible, and these aren’t the only bad habits out there. Burning yourself out by staying up too late is another that you should want to let go of. Your body can only thrive if you give it the tools to do so, not sleeping enough and pushing your stress levels through the roof will not help!
You may not feel like you are deserving of good health, but you are.
There is no reason to wait around for this day to change and for your life to be different. You have the exact power that you need to live a life that embraces health and wellbeing. Your life should be a good one, so make it so.