Contrary to your Instagram feed, creating a life that you love doesn’t require spending a lot of money or becoming someone that you’re not. It’s being authentic and true to what you love and enjoy. Embracing who you are and surrounding yourself with people and things that bring you joy will have you walking on cloud 9.
so…. what exactly what does it take to live the life you dream about? let’s start with the basics.
It may sound cliche but a good morning ritual will leave you feeling like every day is a new beginning. Include intentional activities like reading, meditating, stretching, and journaling. Carving out a little me-time first thing in the morning will have you ready to take over the world, every day!
Learn to make meaningful and intentional decisions, in the morning, before your day begins and you’ll set the tone for the entire day.
elevate your vibe
If you’re not inspired by your home, it’s time to make a change. Look around your home. Now, how do you feel? It’s important to acknowledge that how your home looks and smells, can impact your mood. Sprucing things up a little will instantly elevate your vibe.
Start small and just decide to do something different.
- buy some fresh flowers
- make your bed every morning
- turn on your essential oil diffuser or light a candle
- set your favorite song as your alarm
do something different
With all the distractions and busyness of life, it’s easy to get lost and lose focus on the things that bring you happiness. When this happens, life all of sudden isn’t so fun. The best way to break out of a rut is to do something different.
- Consider expanding your tribe and be intentional about meeting new friends with similar interests.
- Switch up your exercise routine and go for an outdoor hike. Not only will you get a great workout in, but you’ll also be spending some time in nature.
- Sign up and take a class for a skill, hobby, or side-hustle you’ve been wanting to start.
- If you work from home or telecommute, go work from a co-working space or your favorite coffee shop for the day.
- Pay attention to what you eat. For example, did you know that foods that contain Trans fats can make you feel unhappy? … or that while sugar can give you a temporary euphoric feeling, it can also increase stress levels.
Sometimes all it takes is a little tweak to your daily routine to make a big difference in your life and raise your vibration in the process.
Unfortunately, we’ve all made poor decisions or behaved in ways that have caused regret. The thing about living intentionally is that you take time on the front end to really consider the decisions that you’re making.
For example, if you’re experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, this could mean evaluating your personal belief system and values. You’ll also want to consider the future impact whatever decision you make could potentially have on your life, both good and bad. For some, this will mean an unequivocal yes. It’s time to plan for a baby! However, for others, this decision may need more consideration of all choices like if you should seek out adoption or abortion pills counseling.
Ultimately, the goal is to live with no (or limited) regrets. By doing the hard work on the front end and making decisions that are best for your personal well-being.